22 November 2005

Crablog 11-17-05:

  • Made a change to the substrate today after talking to Sabrina because I can't get the tank temperature up over 71 F. She suggested very carefully removing the FB and then making the depth of the sand on the right side to be 1" deep, then putting the FB back on top. The sand apparently causes the heat to stay trapped under it and doesn't allow it to rise into the tank. I was worried to do this because Tink & Squirt have buried themselves over there probably because it's warm down there. After very carefully moving out the FB little by little, I found them both in the back corner. After I finished I put them back in the corner on top the FB and in 5 minutes they were dug back in.
  • I put some faux foliage in (plastic aquarium plants which are not all that sturdy) and right after Hermie was on top the log investigating it (got a good pic). When I put the plant in I had to move the log and when I finished up and put the log back, Kermit, Oscar & Tiger Lilly all scurried back under real quick. It was very funny to watch. All 3 went into the back and huddled up together against the glass.
  • Put some sardines in their food but really didn't see anyone checking them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home