04 October 2006

Menu

I haven't posted in a VERY long time so any of you out there that keep up with this will enjoy this story; I hope.

Ok, so I just have to tell you all about this; dinner last night for the crabs was a complete hit. I made a little dinner of frozen krill, not the cubes but the actual little shrimp looking things that have the little black eyeballs all over the place in the bag (I even chased after the 12 yr old with some of them telling her I had my eye on her, roflmao). So anyway, I gave them some celery leaves, a little chunk of cucumber, frozen krill and some frozen red, yellow and orange bell peppers. I didn't even sprinkle any of Vicki's foods on them, I was feeling too lazy to look through everything. So, the downstairs tank has my piggy crab in it, the smaller adoptee I got from VA when I got my gigantor crab (who I still haven't seen since I got him). One of the kids named the piggy either Hairball or Furball. Ever since this guy came up from destress he's always in the food dish. Last night I think he was in it ALL night eating the krill. He was there about an hour before I went to bed and there this morning when I got up; both times with a krill in his claws. There weren't very many in there either this morning. Upstairs I managed to glimpse 3 crabs all around that dish; one of the big ones (Spaz who finally molted and is looking very pretty) took off to a corner with a krill, another had a orange pepper piece (I think Sam short for Salmon because of it's coloring, it's a Rug) and I think the 3rd (maybe, but not sure, Jay short for Nekked as a Jaybird which is how and why I bought him) was also eating krill but never moved.You have to understand my excitement here; NEVER yet in almost a year of crabbing have I seen 3 crabs in the food dish all at the same time. It was so cute 'cause they were all gathered 'round the round dish and it looked as though they were having a dinner conversation. Right up until the GIANT HEAD came up to the glass and broke it up. I SO wish I had the camera right then but as you all know it's hard to get a shot 'cause as soon as they see you they bolt. All except Hairball in the downstairs tank. That crab wouldn't move out of the food dish if there were a fire. Piggy crab.

Again, I'll make the statement that I'm going to try to keep up on this blog a little better in the future. We'll see how well that goes, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home