22 November 2005

Crablog 11-19-05:

  • The 1-5 gal UTH is doing nothing; I’m taking it off and taking it back.
  • I went today and picked up one of those clip on lamps and put it on with a 60 watt SunGlo bulb and the temp went up to 75 and stuck there. I took it back because it scares the hell out of me; it wasn't stable and the outside of it gets extremely hot. I worried about one of the cats getting curious and knocking it over and it starting a fire.
  • I went BACK to the store again today to return all of that stuff and I bought a top screen and a 20 inch long strip bi-light system, sort of like what you'd use w/ reptiles. It has 2 incandescent sockets and I put a 40 watt SunGlo bulb and a 40 watt NightGlo bulb. I took the handle off of the glass lid and folded it in half, moved it to the front of the tank and then put the screen on top of it and the lighting strip on top near the back of the tank. The temp is still hovering around 71F. I even bought a second thermometer (one of those adhesive strips that changes colors) on the other (cool side) to make sure the first thermometer isn't screwy. That one is reading a little higher but not much. Now I’m worried about the humidity lowering though because half the top is nowopen and more of it is escaping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home