22 November 2005

Crablog 11-22-05:

I got creative tonight about the heating problem. I read something online about creating a "crab-loo" (crab igloo) with the tank. People in colder regions need to do it to keep their crabbies warm. I had some foam board insulation so I measured out what I needed to cover 3 sides of the tank. Hopefully it will help to keep in some of the warmth created by the UTH and the bulbs.

I also decided to try my hand at making a 2nd level. I used a plastic dish tray, cut it in half, hot-glued some legs on it made from PVC pipe, hooked on some fish-net (NOT from my stocking, lol) onto the legs and buried it into the sand up against the end of the tank. I put some FB on top and then put in a bunch of empty shells for them to change into up there. Sky had a great idea of putting the plant in the back and their little coco-hut under the 2nd level to give them a really cozy little place to hide. It's really cute. They have like a little town-house or something now.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home