22 February 2006

Crablog & Menu

Last night's dinner: Yellow squash, 10-grain dry cereal, broccoli, rolled oats & dried papaya.

Two nights ago I had slid out the tank a bit to look up from below to check on some crabs I knew were molting and I noticed another funny looking spot in the sand. It looked just like the spot I had seen in the back corner where I found Squirt dead. Well, as I feared, another one died under the sand. We knew that we hadn't seen TigerLilly or Tinker Bell (both PPs) in some time, or maybe we had only seen one but we didn't know who it was. When I saw that spot in the sand though, I figured it was one of them. Very odd, same scenario as Squirt; weird looking spot in the sand and when I got down to the shell, the body was all dried up and just crumpled out of the shell. The important thing is though, again there was no smell, not even when I got down to the shell; unless it was masked for a day or two by the smells of either sardines or silversides. It looks as though TigerLilly had changed shells and went down to molt and then died. I couldn't even begin to venture a guess on how long after we got that crab that it did all of this. Poor TigerLilly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home