09 October 2006

Giant adoptee crab finally came up

Yes, I've been starting to get a bit concerned as we picked him (I'm not really sure of the sex) up near the end of July or beginning of August and he buried a day or two after that. Hairball, the smaller of the two buried at the same time but came up weeks ago; that one is the piggy crab I spoke of in another post. Hairball had molted shortly before we got them but Pinchy (he/she really isn't, one of the twins named it) looked in need of a molt; no toenails at all. This crab is big, really big; it takes up my entire palm. I thought I'd posted pics of them when we first got them but I just did a search and can't find a thing.

Oh well, he's super friendly but really strong too so my hand is all scratched up from the toenails. He's not pinchy at all though. We got some pics last night but I was tired from running around all day so I didn't want to do the whole download then upload to photobucket and then link everything then. His color is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I was really worried about this guy but it looks like he pulled through fabulously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home