25 November 2005

Crablog 11-25-05

  • I was a dork and sat up really late watching the crabs. I never get a chance to see them out and about all that much so I was determined that I was going to find out what they did while we were slumbering away.
  • Oscar seems to really love the 2nd level. He goes up the big hut, over the leaves, up the netting, checks stuff out up there and then just HAS to go down the way he shouldn't. He likes to go down the corner and he actually has to push the entire 2nd level over to the point that it nearly tips over in order to fit his shell through. I honestly thought it was going to fall and send shells flying everywhere. It took him liek 20 minutes to get himself down. After that, he walked over and got a drink then he came back and decided to go up the way he just came down. I think that was a lot harder for him to do because he had a lot harder time getting his shell through there. It made a "popping" sound when he got it through. He just keeps walking around and doing it over and over.
  • Lastly, Kermit and Oscar are by far the most active big crabs that I've seen. The new little guys (David, Ghost, Blue, Norbert and Poindexter) have also adjusted pretty well and are all out every night. I worry a little about Hermie, Tiger Lilly, Tink and Squirt (the last 3 are pretty much buried and I only get an occasional glimpse of Tiger Lilly) because they are just not out much. At first Hermie was out quite a bit but now he either just hides under the log or one of the huts. I haven't seen Squirt or Tink in nearly a week. Molting or destressing? Who knows...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home